As an initiative of UNSW’s Grand Challenge on Inequality, the Social Policy Research Centre is delighted to offer registration bursaries to advanced undergraduates studying social policy (and related disciplines) to attend the Australian Social Policy Conference.
We have 8 free registration bursaries available (valued at $250 each) to cover a three-day student registration.
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Currently studying an undergraduate degree in social policy or related discipline (preference will be given to students in 3rd or honours years)
- Evidence of high achievement in studies
- Desire for/steps towards further study in social policy
- Contribution that attendance will make to current and future studies
Applications are welcomed from undergraduate students Australia-wide. However, the bursary will only cover the registration fee for the conference and will not cover travel expenses.
Applying for a bursary
- Complete the application form
- Provide a brief CV in support of your application (no more than two pages)
- Provide a copy of your academic results in your current course
- Send application form and attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm 31 July 2017
Assessment of applications
- An assessment panel will review all applications received by the specified closing date, using the above selection criteria
- Applications received after the specified closing date will not be considered
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified within three weeks of the closing date
Processing of successful applications
- Successful applicants will be required to sign an acceptance form
- Once the acceptance form has been completed and signed, the successful candidate will be registered and will receive notification of their registration
- If the acceptance form is not received within two weeks of the offer of a bursary, the offer will be withdrawn and the bursary may be granted to another candidate.